Skip to main content

Hello! The new doc function (Beta) seems very handy. But is there a way to export / copy the formatted text to another text editor? With copy-paste the formatting ist lost. CSV export seems the only option – but this is not what I’m looking for.

Hi @Dr De Chiffre 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

As per my replication, the option to export the doc is not currently available. But you can copy the whole text as an iimage. The result would be like this:

As for the copying text with format. I tried copying the doc’s content and pasted it in google docs, and here’s the result:

Copied the text using keyboard shortcuts. CTRL + C within Miro to copy the text, CTRL + V within Google Docs to paste the texts with format.

Is this what you were looking for? If not, kindly share sample screenshots or a short video demonstrating what you were looking for so we can help you here in the Community.

Yes, that is a viable workaround. I hadn’t considered copying the text into Google Docs (with copy-paste). From Google Docs, one can save the formatted text as .docx. It would be helpful to save a text document straight from Miro as .docx (just like from Google Docs). Thank you very much for your assistance!

Hi @Dr De Chiffre 

Glad to be of assistance! If you’re interested in learning more about some of Miro’s biggest product updates that may be relevant to your use case, save your spot here at our Canvas ‘24 event happening October 8th. Please let me know if you have any additional questions – happy to help!