Enlarge video chat window

• 22 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Is it possible to enlarge the video chat window while working on a whiteboard?  I’ve played around a bit and searched through other convo’s here and I believe the answer is no but if I am wrong could someone please share how to do this.

Thanks!

Marina 2 years ago

Thanks for tagging me here, @Amy Christianto!

For everyone in this thread: here’s the Wish List item that you can upvote and describe your use case - Full Screen Video Chat

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Naomi Higo,

You are right, it is currently not possible to enlarge the video chat window.

Will you please share why you want to resize this window? What is your use case?

Hi Marina,

Thanks for getting back to me!  My work provides free environmental education programs for school groups and the general public.  I am experimenting with using Miro as a more interactive and engaging way to deliver our workshops online.  I want the class to be able to add their thoughts and actively participate in the whiteboard.  Simply watching a prerecorded video doesn’t have the same personal impact.  Most of our workshops also include a project, or something that the students can build.  During this part of the lesson it would be nice if I could enlarge the video window so the students can see what I am doing and follow along.  Sometimes I have props and other things for the students to see as well.  Again I could record the activity and link to a YouTube video or something but it would be better if I could just do it all with Miro. 

Thanks again, I think Miro has some great potential for our programs.

Naomi

Hi @Marina - also adding to this thread! My company uses Miro for our programming interviews & while some sessions require use of the whiteboard, other sessions don’t. Allowing users to resize their video chat windows would be SUPER useful as we’ve gotten some feedback that interviewers with poorer vision have a hard time squinting at the screen for a whole hour. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for tagging me here, @Amy Christianto!

For everyone in this thread: here’s the Wish List item that you can upvote and describe your use case - Full Screen Video Chat