Question

Duplicate board recovery

• 5 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi there,
I’ve tried to move everything I had from my personal account to my work account. I’ve shared a board with the work account, duplicated it in the work account, and then deleted the personal account.
However, the duplicated board disappeared from the work account. A massive f-up on my end! How can I recover it?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Boris Goldin - I will assume that these are Free Plans and therefore you don't have access to the trash bin.

If you are using a browser, you should be able to open the board from the browser's history and recover it. Give that a try and let us know. 

Hi @Robert Johnson thank you! Yes those are indeed Free Plans.

I’ve got the link from the history to the duplicated board (so the one that was in the new work account), but it says: “No access to the board. Ask board owner to grant you permission to view this board”.

I assume that the duplication kept the board ownership under the personal account (which is now deleted) and not under the work account. So can’t really grant the access.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Boris Goldin 

I assume that the duplication kept the board ownership under the personal account (which is now deleted) and not under the work account.

Did you delete your personal account profile completely? If so, were there any other members on the team where the board was? I suspect the answer is “yes” as the board is still accessible and asking you to request access, so what likely happened is that an Admin on that team is now the owner. You could reach out to someone on that team and either ask them to add your new/work email OR ask them to set the board’s Visitors access to Anyone with the link → Can view and send you a link to the board for duplicating to your work account.