Deleted tags keep reappearing

• 26 August 2022
  • 3 replies

I created a duplicate tag by accident and tagged a sticky with it. When I went to delete it and add the original one, everything seemed fine. When I logged back into Miro a little while later, the tag was back and tagged on that same sticky along with the tag I actually wanted it tagged with. I have gone through this process of deleting the tag to have it reappear, and now it is happening with another tag that I deleted. How do I get deleted tags to stay dead and gone?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Julia Byrd -

Couple of questions:

1. Do you mean the tag had the same text as the original one? If so, I’m surprised you were able to create it because I tried and wasn’t able to.
  2. Deletion of tags appears to work fine for me through my Chrome browser (Windows 10), so could you try accessing the board using an alternate method and see if the “zombie” tag is still there?

Kiron

It’s not exactly the same tag, but it is a misspelling of one (it was supposed to say Xiao and said Xia instead). So they were unique tags. I’ve tried going through both the Chrome browser and the Miro app on my Mac, and neither seem to have solved the problem. They disappear for a while and then reappear later on.

Same issue here 🤔