Question

Creating one board for a client that can then be used by multiple people

• 13 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi! I am fairly new to miro and am wondering if the following is possible. I have created a miro board with ideation and prioritisation templates. As part of a self-facilitated workshop I would like to make this board available for all teams in one organisation. However, every time a team opens the board it should be in its original state. Is it possible that people save my created board as a private miro board? Thanks :)

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@JessicaMDG -

There are a few ways you can do this:

1. Create a custom shared template assuming these folks are part of your Miro team
  2. Download a backup of a board as an RTB file and they could then restore it to their own (separate) paid accounts
  3. Enable the appropriate content sharing settings and folks could open a “master” copy of the board and either duplicate it or copy & paste content from it to their own boards.

Kiron

Thanks so much @Kiron Bondale for a really helpful answer - much appreciated :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@JessicaMDG - A few things to note about @Kiron Bondale‘s third suggestion:

1. If the board is in Anyone with the link → Can view, Ctrl/Cmd+A will not work to select everything to copy it to your own board - you would have to use Shift+drag. Additionally, any locked objects will not be able to be copied. Instead, the end user will need to duplicate the entire board by clicking on the board title and using the Duplicate action.
  2. This is also the only way you can share a board with a non-team member who is using the Miro Free Plan as they will not be able to restore a board backup (.rtb) file.

To set this up, you would have to configure the Board Content Settings as follows:

Who can copy board content → Anyone with the board access

To see this in action, here is a board that it is my account and is set to Anyone with the link → Can edit and the Board Content Settings are configured as above.

You can open the board, wont’ be able to change it, but can click on the board title and use the Duplicate action to create a copy of the board into your own account/team:

Here’s one of my template boards if you’d like to test the experience:

https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_kl4Sue4=/