Creating a book plot in Miro - can I be sure nothing is lost somehow?

• 1 December 2020
  • 11 replies

I’m using Miro for creating the plot for my own book.

This is basically the whole frame that I will be using the coming year, while writing my book.

I’m terrified that it will be lost somehow. Can I be absolutely sure that my account will not be deleted, blocked, or changed, as I’m using a free account? Or are there any other actions I should take to make sure the Miro board stays where it is?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Sophie de Jong -

Given the criticality of this work, I’d strongly recommend buying the cheapest possible paid plan so that you have the ability to restore boards from a downloaded backup.

If that is not possible, then I’d suggest exporting your board to a PDF format file on a regular basis.

Kiron

Thank you @Kiron Bondale !

However, if I try to export the board to a PDF format, it shows nothing but a blank page?

I already tried zooming in and out...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Sophie de Jong -

That’s odd - I just did a quick test using a separate free account that I’ve got and I was able to successfully export a low resolution PDF file of my board. Do you have frames around all of your content as each frame is exported as a single page in the PDF file?

Kiron

I've put a frame around all of my content, but it is still not working… Could you please explain the steps you take when you create a PFD file of your board? Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Sophie de Jong :

I love miro and all of it - I use it - I live with it and I breath it … but when it comes to writing books I recommend Papyrus Author - the all in one solution for writing books:

Papyrus Author · If You Love Writing · For Windows and Mac.

Its just the way it is like you try to use MS Word for the same things you do with miro :wink:

Michael 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Sophie de Jong -

All I did was to put a frame around my existing content, and then use the Save as PDF option as below:

The resulting PDF looks like this:

If that isn’t working for you, you may need to open a support request with Miro here: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale  strange, I cannot click on that button.. I will contact the support center.

@mlanders  thank you for the tip! I just downloaded the program :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Sophie de Jong You’re unable to do that because I believe you’re on a Free account :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Isman Tanuri -

Free users can still do exports, just a lower quality PDF export. The screenshots I took above were from my free account…

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Kiron Bondale I didn’t realise that! So Free accounts have access to lots of great value too :)

@Kiron Bondale @Isman Tanuri  I found out what the problem was: I’m working on a Mac laptop!

When I logged in on a Windows laptop, I could make the export ;)