Could we have a "Glass Layer" to secure a board from destruction?

• 9 November 2023
  • 2 replies

We use Miro-boards in higher education. We may be several teachers developing a board to be used in a course. Locking different parts of a board is almost impossible when several people collaborate.

Securing the setup we make is important. Students working on the boards should not be able to destroy our setup (by accident - or intentionally).

We need a very simple “Glass Layer” to put on top of the board, where the students can work safely without access to the board itself. 

2 replies

Hey Petter,

Its possible to put on a glass Layer if you double lock all Items on the Board. To do so, you simply have to klick another time on the “Lock” Button, it’ll light up in blue Color. Now only Board owners can unlock the selected irems.

or you could also save your board as a draft for your team, ahead to your lesson, and reuse/refresh and update  it everytime your students work on it

regards

Simon

Hi Simon,

I need a really simple solution that can be activated with one single button.

I may need to work on my layer while the students work on top of the glass-layer. Locking and double locking several items is too time consuming.

I have worked with copies as you suggest, it works sometimes, but some students manage to make a lot of chaos anyway. 

Please think about a possible solution.

Bast Petter