Question

Consultant Plan: Change Members form Occasional to Full on a monthly basis

• 31 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there, 

I subscribed to a yearly consultant plan a few days ago to work with a client remotely. At first I granted them Day Passes for the collaboration. 

Right now there are 2 heavy users from my clients side I will collaborate more intensely in the upcoming weeks. So I want to switch them to a full member seat for the time being. 

However as I am running a yearly plan it seems it is not possible to assign monthly full-memberships. 

How can I still do that? I won’t collaborate with the client until the end of year to make a yearly license for them worthwhile. I just want to grant the license for as long as the project is lasting on a monthly basis. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Manuel Grassler,

Let me convert your question to a support ticket - the Support Team will get back to you via email. 

Hey @Manuel Grassler,

Let me convert your question to a support ticket - the Support Team will get back to you via email. 

We have the same problem here. Is there already a solution?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @krahe,

I will repost Support Team’s reply to @Manuel Grassler here for visibility: 

I'm afraid this is not possible to assign monthly full-membership within a yearly subscription, we are sorry for inconveniences caused. However, this does not mean that you will be overcharged or will have to pay more than expected. Let me explain how the billing system will work this out. 

Let's say you convert an occasional user to the full one on April 15, 2020. On the final day of the month, April 30, 2020, you will be charged the prorated charge for the period April 15, 2020, - March 19, 2021. Later, when you remove this full user from the account and decrease the number of paid seats, for example in 2 months which is on June 15, the proration will be applied to your balance. The proration is equal to the payment for the unused time - from June 15, 2020, till March 19, 2021. The next invoice will be less by this applied balance. 

More details are provided in this handy article - Understanding Billing

If you have further questions, specifically about your account, I would advise to reach out to the Support Team at support@miro.com directly. Hope that helps! 

@marina

we don't have a yearly membership, but monthly. That’s why I don't understand to convert them. Even when I have a yearly membership, why I could not convert a Occasional in a permanent team member billed yearly.

This is really confusing and not user centric.