Answered

Confluence embed resizing

• 18 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

We’ve recently enabled Miro integration to Confluence, so I can now embed a Miro whiteboard onto a Confluence page.

However, there doesn’t seem to be a free-form resizing option, so the Miro frame only takes about ¼ of the Confluence page/screen. I’ve tried some other plugins and resizing seems to be controlled by the PlugIn and not Confluence - I can choose S, M, and L embed sizes, but even L(arge) is only ¼ page with the others even smaller.

I’m not trying to show a thumbnail but an actual whiteboard overview, and this is really inefficient.

Any tips, or is this an enhancement request now?

icon

Best answer by Marina 21 August 2020, 08:01

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Kamal Syed,

We do have plans on improving the current functionality and providing users with more options around the embed size in Confluence. There is no ETA from the Integrations team behind this yet though. 

You are welcome to post this as a Wish List item. See the guidelines here :slight_smile:

Do we have any updates on this, please?

It’s been 2 years and we’d like to know if we should move to an alternative approach.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Gustavo Lopes,

Thanks for asking! 

I've checked with the team behind this integration, and although they confirmed having plans to introduce the ability to resize the embed window, there is still no ETA as to when it will be delivered.

The standard Miro Embed function does not work to resize, BUT the Smart link version does!

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020712594-Miro-for-Confluence#h_01EP51K7N291AM2F9SG395MWVH

I also want to emphasize that even the L version of the Confluence embedding is way to small to be useful. At least double the size would be necessary.

We are using Confluence Data Center version.

There is also already a feature wish on the list to vote on: https://community.miro.com/ideas/make-the-confluence-miro-plugin-resizable-s-m-l-xl-4263