Changes to copy rules in view-only/locked Free Plan boards?

• 31 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I use a free plan and used to be able to copy frames from archived boards into new ones for elements I wanted to reuse and/ or update. Recently though, I’ve noticed I can no longer do this!

Has this functionality been removed? Or is there another way to do this that I’m missing??

Robert Johnson 1 year ago

Update #3 from Miro support:

The issue has already been escalated to the responsible development team, and as soon as we have any updates on it, we’ll make sure to let you know!

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@DWestgarth - I don’t recall the exact experience, but it does look like something has changed.

Now when I go into a view-only board, i.e., locked down due to being over the editable board limit, the only UI controls are the zoom actions at the bottom right:

I have also noted that I can no longer get back tot my dashboard as there is no Miro logo. When I refresh the page, some UI elements appear and then quickly vanish - both in Chrome and the Miro desktop app, Windows 11, 64-bit.

I will open a Miro support ticket and report back here with what they tell me.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks @Robert Johnson 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@DWestgarth - I did not receive an answer to my specific question of whether or not something changed. Instead, they pointed out the known workaround of duplicating a view-only board to make it active again, so you could copy objects to another board - you would then delete the duplicated board once done:

I'm afraid you cannot copy from a view only board. 

Having said that, if you wish to copy from the 4th, view-only board, I'd kindly invite you to create a copy of this inactive board by opening the board context menu or right-click the board icon and choosing Duplicate

Screenshot_2021-04-19_at_15.29.08.png

This will essentially overwrite the most recently created board that "pushed out" this one to view-only mode. Then you can copy from this duplicated board.

I am still waiting for a response to my second question which was:

Should there be a way to get back to the dashboard? Some of the board elements begin to load, but then disappear and all I am left with is the name of the board, a search icon, and the mini map. Is this expected? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update #2 from Miro support re “no way to get back to dashboard” from Free Plan view-only board:

We have passed your case along to the Technical Support Engineers — rest assured they will now investigate this further and get back to you with updates as soon as they can. Please bear with us!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update #3 from Miro support:

The issue has already been escalated to the responsible development team, and as soon as we have any updates on it, we’ll make sure to let you know!