Question

Changes not being saved

I have used a ERD template and spent many hours crafting a ERD.  I log back into miro this morning and all of my work is gone, no trace of it.  What is going on?  How can I retrieve my work?

Thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi @Mark Stewart 

Wow, that is not a very nice experience?  First . . . CLOSE YOUR WINDOWS. You do NOT want to be tempted to jump out!

Sadly, I don’t know how to solve your problem. But here is what I would do:

(1) Try a different browser or try an incognito mode / private window. Reason: Miro is all about caching stuff in your browser, and often you can get strange effects if the caching gets screwed up. I have indeed had boards where items I KNEW SHOULD BE THERE did not LOOK LIKE THEY WERE THERE

(2) Duplicate your board and have a look at it

(3) If your license plan supports it, check out the version history of your board. I’d make a back-up duplicate first, but then see if you can restore an earlier version.

FWIW, probably won’t help you know, but I am a backup freak, and with my most important boards not only do I make a backup copy on a regular basis, but I also download a local backup (.rtb file). 

Probably there are some other tricks . . . GOOD LUCK!

Thank you, I will give that a try, however I am using the free version of miro

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Mark Stewart / @Kenneth Ritley - Apologies for the (since delted) strange reply. It was intended for another post :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Mark Stewart 

I log back into Miro this morning and all of my work is gone, no trace of it

Did you add an ERD template to an existing board or create a new board from the template?

Did you perhaps looking in the wrong team space? For example:

A few other things to consider:

@Mark Stewart

I log back into Miro this morning and all of my work is gone, no trace of it

Did you add an ERD template to an existing board or create a new board from the template?

Did you perhaps looking in the wrong team space? For example:

A few other things to consider:

Hi Robert, I added the template to an existing board.  I already had a ERD but it was created using the miro tables.  I then noticed the ERD template and that it looks much better than a load of tables.  So I created a new frame within the existing board and added the template to that frame.  All was well until the next when my template had gone but the frame was still there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Mark Stewart - Have you checked the board history: activity? This feature is available to free plan users.