Central connection point gone - how to attach a flexible arrow?

• 17 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Before, when you started connecting an arrow or line to a shape, you’d get 5 connection points: 4 on the sides and one in the center. Now the one in the center is gone. I know I’m not crazy because I still see it in videos that are at least 1 year old, so it must have happened during the last year.

Attaching to the central node meant that when I move the shape around, the line would jump to the most convenient side. Now I can only achieve that if I ignore connection ponts and connect the line in a random place approximately in the center of the shape. Apart from triggering my OCD, this is also inconvenient because the line then stays on top of the shape and I have to manually move it back and then the arrow head disappears.

Am I missing something? I can’t see anyone else asking about this. Is there a setting to bring back the central node? A hotkey? How do people deal with this?

Before (took a screenshot in one of the questions since I can’t reproduce the old look): 

After:

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Yulia Zhukova - The behaviour seems to have changed slightly.

I am noticing that, when the line first joins to a dot only, then the line will stay with that specific point.

But if you drag the line just a little bit closer, the object highlights blue which appears to be the new indicator that the connection line will changed based upon the direction of the connected object.

Here it is in action with a sticky note:

Oh yeah! That’s it! Wow, I couldn’t find it anywhere, like, googled for 5 hours! Thanks! I wish they had it mentioned in the help center! Thank you so much!