Skip to main content
Answered

Cannot delete a frame

• 17 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Good day!

I want to delete an empty frame, but it does not budge when I select it and click Delete. I tried to move it out of the way of the other frames, but it won’t move either.

There is a post from three years ago about this issue but the suggested workaround does not work.  https://community.miro.com/topic/show?tid=4841&fid=45

Now, it appears as though some frames with content (that I want to keep) have attached themselves to the empty frame that I want to delete. I tried to separate them but they wouldn’t move. I moved the contents of the “good” frames away because I want to keep them and don’t want them to get messed up while I tried to handle the frames. Now I have a few empty frames that are attached. I cannot move or delete them. 

Can anyone help with this one? I would be most appreciative.

Sincerely,

Anne Becker

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Anne Becker 

That link you provided had several different pieces of advice. From time to time I have the problem you describe, and what has always worked for me is to do a “hard refresh” of the browser, which if memory serves on Mac Chrome is COMMAND-SHIFT-R. It’s similar to what Robert wrote about the “reset application data” in that post - it forces your browser to completely clear and rebuild the cache.

Another trick is to put your mouse in some lonely, empty area of the board and press COMMAND-A to select everything - this might let you see hidden objects that maybe you didn’t know about.

Good luck! Ken

Thank you! I will try that next time. I ended up creating another board and moving all objects to it, and then deleting the board with the frames that were stuck. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

HI @Anne Becker 

Sorry to see you had some frustrating issue but glad to hear it worked out!