Answered

Cannot change viewer settings as admin

• 13 October 2020
  • 4 replies

I was exploring the settings and came across this one:

I thought “Lovely! Let’s make it view-only for the team, since I’m the only one who edits it.” In a moment of weakness, I set it to “Can view” and revoked my own editing access. The board is owned by a different team member.

I’m a team admin, so according to https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012777280-Content-Admin-Permissions-for-Company-Admins, I should be able to re-permission myself as an editor. I’ve looked all over and cannot find a way to do that - am I missing something, is this a bug, or are the docs incorrect?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 13 October 2020, 18:21

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Matthew Rastovac - I believe this is functioning as expected. You have mentioned that you are a Team Admin, however, the documentation is referring to the Company Admin  role - these are different. See the Roles in Miro help article for more details.

Ah, I see now. I didn’t realize Team Admins were different from Company Admins. Do we have to upgrade to the business plan to have access to the Company Admin role?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Correct - the Company Admin role is only available on the Business, Consultant, and Enterprise plans. However, there is a minimum team member requirement of 20 on the Business Plan, and it looks like you can only paid yearly unlike the Team Plan which offers monthly.

More more info here:

Gotcha - thanks for all the help!