Can't unlock some elements even though I'm the board owner

• 4 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello

I’m the owner of a board in a team. I’m signed in and my profile is showing on the top right and correctly shows board owner. When I select some elements in the board only 3 dots are shown and I can’t lock or unlock the element. Neither does another paid member of my team.

I searched for this topic in the forums but noone seems to have the exact same problem.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jerónimo Ramos! Two questions:

1. Is the team on Free Plan?
  2. If yes, have you made sure the board you're accessing is active? Only the 3 latest created boards are active on Free Plan, the rest becomes read-only.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I think I figured out what’s happening. The element I’m trying to interact with is overlayed over a table and for some reason this changes what you can do with it. Do you know if I can place objects over a table without them being connected in some way (I’m trying to use the table as a background and then just putting things like shapes and emojis over it) ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Jerónimo Ramos I haven't used tables that much in Miro unfortunately, only for pretty simple use cases. But I'm sure @Robert Johnson and/or @Kiron Bondale knows!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jerónimo Ramos - Yes:

⚠️ Content within tables can't be lockedaligned, and grouped.

Source: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011986519-Tables

So, if you have objects locked and place a table over them, the lock/unlock feature disappears. This is in fact the workaround method for when you wan to lock objects in a table - lock them, then drag the Table over the locked objects.

Amazing, thank you!