Bring everyone to me did not work

I facilitated a workshop with 10 guest editors. From previous comments, I understand that gues editors cannot use the “Bring to me...” feature. The problem is that it did not work for me neither and was not able to bring everyone to me. thanks for your comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@MARIANNE DEKEYSER -

What did you see when you selected the option - was no one brought to you or just some of the participants? I’ve used it pretty consistently over the past months since attention management was introduced in Miro and it does work fairly reliably for me. If you can reproduce the behavior, can you record a Loom video or even a screen shot or two to show what’s happening?

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@MARIANNE DEKEYSER Are you the owner of the board used in the session?

Hello unfortunately I have no recording of the session. It usually works without any problem. This time, when clicking on the “Bring everyone to me” button nothing happened. It seemed that the feature was not available.

@Isman Tanuri do you mean you are not automattically the owner of the board when you create it on your account? I am checking this point.

Thanks

I just checked if I was the board owner and yes I am. Even without any participant on the board, I can see the feature without any access to it

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@MARIANNE DEKEYSER If you’re the owner of the board, then ‘Bring everyone to me’ should be enabled automatically. If you’re not seeing the feature, then there are 2 likelihood: 1. You don’t own the board or 2. There’s nobody else in the Miro board. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just checked if I was the board owner and yes I am. Even without any participant on the board, I can see the feature without any access to it

@MARIANNE DEKEYSER If there are no other user in the Miro board, both of those links are not enabled. 

@Isman Tanuri OK I will check immediately with one my other computer Thanks:grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@MARIANNE DEKEYSER You can use Incognito or Private Browsing option in your browser and check with the link from your Miro board :)

@Isman Tanuri Yes now it works with one guest editors. Unbelievable! Are there any guest editors capacity limitations that would prevent the feature to work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@MARIANNE DEKEYSER There shouldn’t be, at least from my experience. The only other issue I’ve came across where it didn’t work was when I didn’t own the board.

If you’re referring to physical capacity, I have had 200 participants, all as Guest Editors, on the same Miro board recently. No issue at all. You can read my insights here: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/virtual-strategy-workshop-200-people-sure-bring-isman-tanuri/