Skip to main content
Question

AWS Group incorrect behavior - is always above other items

• 31 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi,

This is rather a bug report, not a question.

I’m a pretty experienced miro user (like 5 years of every-week, professional use).

Recently I started drawing AWS diagrams, using AWS templates.

I noticed that “AWS Group” object behaves incorrectly. E.g. totally different from a frame or standard rectangle.

1. Bring back doesn’t work, neither by a shortcut nor by context menu. Its edges are above normal connection lines. If I however, bring such a covered line into front, then it’s correct, but apparently after continuing the work, the AWS group gets back to front by itself.
  2. Cannot click some objects that are inside the group. E.g., I have a small circle from standard shapes inside the group, but It’s hard to click it (select / gaining focus, you name it). Like all the time, it’s the group that gets the selection (focus), not the item. The same applies to some connecting lines. I cannot tell what makes some items clickable and some not.

Something is incorrect there, and it’s frustrating, it burns my time. Check by yourself.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Michal Kaczmarczyk - I would suggest that you report this to the Miro support team for investigation. You can open a Miro support ticket by following these instructions (and definitely include the detailed steps you typed out above):

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

Feedback

I would also suggest that you share your feedback here (and include a link to this post, for additional context):