Attention Management Controls are lost for 1 board

Userlevel 1
Badge

Can someone help me get back the attention management controls in this board.  I can no longer see my avatar, the hide collaborators cursor button or the avatars of other people in the board.  This is the only board where this is happening.  I am board owner and creator.

I need the ability to bring people to me as I am running a series of workshops in this board.

Any help would be appreciated.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Tricia Conyers - My first suggestion would be to try Resetting the application data:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572854-Desktop-app#h_01EVGAY54JY5E9S7J62FRCX6D4

If you cannot find the menu, you probably use the app downloaded from the MS Store. In this case, to reset the app data, open Windows Settings > Apps > Apps and Features > find Miro on the list > Advanced options Reset.

How to reset the app data (Mac guide)

Click Miro in the top menu and choose Reset application data as shown in the screenshot below:

mceclip0.png
Resetting the app data on Mac

After that, try to log into the app again and check if the issue is solved.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks @Robert Johnson 

Sadly no luck. I reset the app data and delete d the app and reinstalled it and rebooted the computer but it’s still the same in this one board.  Also functions this same way if i log in thru a web browser instead of through the APP on my MAC.

So strange.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Tricia Conyers - And what happens if you duplicate the board - can you open the duplicate? (by fault it will be named “Copy of [board name]”).

Userlevel 1
Badge

yes i can duplicate the board, and when i do it is fine.  the attention management tool bar is there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You may want to sum this one up as a “fluke” or “glitch” and carry on. However, if it happens again, or you want an answer, I would suggest that you open a Miro support ticket and include a link to the problem board in your ticket.
You can find the support form here through the instructions in the short GIF/video on this page:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

Userlevel 1
Badge

gotcha! i was thinking the same… thanks for helping me out!  much appreciated Robert!

Same glitch here.

Lost the attention management tool bar in all projects.

Reload pager / Logout-Login: Didn’t help.

Shift-Reload: Helped. :sunglasses:

same “glitch” here as well

Probably not… but the only thing that makes the attention management toolbar disappear is if you switch to presentation mode? Is it possible this board has flipped into permanent presentation mode?

@Roger Williams definitely not in presentation mode :( here’s a screen shot. SOME of the menu is there but I’m missing the attention management tools suddenly

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Roger Williams @Abby Rodriguez  same issue here.  Ive tried everything and nothing has worked. I see the same thing as Abby

@Florian Knust Shift reload has not helped me :(

Ooops, it happened again. Bad experience :(

Did someone open a ticket? If not, who can do it :slight_smile: or how can I?