Answered

All sticky notes are blank - activity shows everything happened in 2 separate minutes!

• 19 April 2021
  • 2 replies

I created a board using the “business canvas” template and shared it with a colleague. I went to reference it this weekend and all of the content is gone, just the sticky notes are there, just off of their marks as if the board was dragged a bit, which isn’t a big deal but the content is. 

I checked the Activities and it is even more strange - 11 sticky notes were made, all within the same minute. 8 hours later, 9 shapes were edited (there are 9 shapes in the template) and 9 shape texts were edited and the 10th text edit of the design credit, again, all within a single minute. 

Any explanation? I assume I lost everything after reading the recommendations to do a “Backup” but if there is something I’m missing and can find that data, would be helpful. It seems this was non-human activity to all happen in two separate minutes with no other activity recorded at all. 

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 19 April 2021, 22:47

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Traines - First, to clarify, by “business canvas” are you referring to the “Business Model Canvas” template?

The “Business Model Canvas” template has the following list of objects - NOTE: You may not have been referring to this exact template, but the examples below are still likely relevant:

When the template is first added to a board, the Activity List would show all of these objects being added at the same time (usually within the same 1-2 seconds), e.g.:

All of the shapes and text objects are grouped together, so it is very easy to move/delete these all at once - in this example, I ‘accidentally’ move the grouped objects and the edit time in the activity list will be the same:

One suggestion that I have it that you lock anything you don’t want moved/deleted by accident:

And use the Protected lock feature if you absolutely don’t want anything moved/deleted.

and all of the content is gone, just the sticky notes are there

If you did not delete the content and anyone else with the access to the board says they did not delete the content, I would suggest reaching out to the support team to see if they can determine what has happened.

OK, that explains the timing but I thought I compared it to a new board and it was slightly different without the second edit activity. I’ll check with support. I know I did work or would not have shared it with my department head. It appears that nothing was done from set up. Thank you.