Skip to main content

All Boards are locked

• 21 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi guys how are you?

So the last week my free account was upgraded to an Education Plan where I had one team. In that team we were 45 studentes including me (TA) and the professor and we had 3 boards. The problem is that since this team got “upgraded” nobody is able to edit any of the 3 boards.

what can we do?

*the big issue is that in that boards the students had already uploaded important information.

thankyou

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Juan Pablo Forero - I’m doing well, thanks for asking!

What happens when you open one of these boards?

Do you see View only at the top-right corner where the Share button usually is?

What are the board’s Share settings right now?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Juan Pablo Forero - Also, if you haven’t already, you’ll likely want to have a quick read through this post which outlines a strategy for setting up Miro Projects (aka, Folders) as “Classes” and then assigning students to the Projects, so they can only see boards that are in the Project(s) they are assigned to.

→ How to set up Miro Education if you teach multiple classes

Hi @Robert Johnson thank you for replying that fast

When I opened this boards it was showing me the Share button but it wasn't able the tool bar form the left. It also didn´t let me edit anything

Now I can edit but the Share button doesn´t appears.

also the board doesn't appears, I can use it because the professor sent me the link.

this board I´m telling you was created by the professor. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I haven’t seen that specific This board is locked message before - it almost looks as if it is a partial message, potentially caused by a bug. Also, the only help article I can find about locked board messages is actually the opposite scenario from what you are describing - in the The Board is Locked article, it describes downgrading from a paid/education plan to a Free Plan.

I would ask your professor to have a look at the board’s Share settings as it could be set to Team access to the board → No access, which would explain why you cannot access and definitely why it is not showing up in your Miro dashboard.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Juan Pablo Forero -

In case @Robert Johnson‘s suggestions don’t solve the problem, I’d recommend opening a support request with Miro here: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron