Idea

Hide my cursor

• 6 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3

Make it avalible to hide your cursor to other people.

5 replies

If possible I would like to downvote this idea. Working in an agile environment we are aiming to reach a high transparency about what we are doing and about its outcome. What is the real-world-equivalent to this? What do we achieve when hiding from each other?

For me, this is a privacy issue. If I create a board and decide to share it with viewers, I’m not interested in them seeing me move around.

If possible I would like to downvote this idea. Working in an agile environment we are aiming to reach a high transparency about what we are doing and about its outcome. What is the real-world-equivalent to this? What do we achieve when hiding from each other?

This is for the option to hide your cursor. It would not be required. It makes some people feel anxious and awkward for others to see their cursor in this fashion. 

The real-world equivalent is that if you have a meeting with 35 people and they each have a laser pointer with a different colour, it is extremely confusing and very unhelpful for all of them to constantly point them at the whiteboard at the same time. A laser pointer is more useful if it is only active when the person holding it is actively trying to point at something.

I was kind of shocked by the poor UX of logging in and seeing a large number of co-workers’ cursors flit all over the place as they were scrolling, zooming, &c.

Let me CHOOSE to hide my cursor if I’m not DOING anything. If a contributor is editing, sure force their cursor to show… 

When I’m in a remote meeting with dozens of people, ALL our cursors flitter around the board, obscuring the info ON the board as we try to simply look around and follow along… obviously that’s messy, counter-productive, and of NO added value.