Answered

Slow on Firefox [MacOS - M1]

• 4 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello !

I use miro since approx a year now and except long loading times on boards with lot (really a lot) of images, my experience was very fluid.
I always run it through firefox.
But recently I changed my pc for a macbook with apple silicon, and even simple navigation can be super laggy on firefox, so I must run it through safari. Both browser are “Universal app”, and I just tested the miro app (“Intel app”) and it’s much more fluid than on firefox. (same fluidity as safari)

I don’t know why, firefox should be better supported by miro. Anyway if you have any question that can help resolve this problem for all M1 (or even firefox) users, let me know !

Thanks for reading
Max.

icon

Best answer by Soumyadeep Mandal 12 February 2021, 08:10

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Maxarobaze 

Welcome to the Miro Online Community!

Miro works fine on all browsers! There was an issue with firefox that it was not fluid enough to run on macOS M1! The same issue was facing by many different apps on M1 Google chrome has the same kind of issue with other online tools but they optimized them to work on M1 but firefox is still lacking behind in M1 optimization!

I am having a similar problem where I cannot navigate. I use a mouse and I’m able to zoom in and out, but I can not click and drag to different parts of the board. I recently upgraded to a computer with Apple M1 chip as well, and I’m assuming this is this issue, as I never had this problem before. I have the same problem, however, on different browsers as well as when using the Miro app. Seriously making me consider switching back to Mural (after switching to Miro from Mural earlier this year) if I don’t find a solution.