Is co-owner feature free for Consultant Plan?

• 3 August 2021
  • 5 replies

I couldn't find the answer whether co-owner feature costs extra money for those on a Consultant Plan. When adding a co-owner to a board or a project, should I pay?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ALONA MOROZ -

Any “named user” with full edit access (i.e. not using the anonymous guest editor method) will need to be a paid user account. As such, so long as the user you are adding as a co-owner is already a paid user within your plan, you wouldn’t incur any additional costs.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ALONA MOROZ - If you are referring to the “Co-owner” role whereas another team member can be given additional rights to a board that the “board owner” role only has, e.g., managing board settings or hiding/revealing frames, this feature is still in beta and may not show up on your account until the full launch of the features.

You can read more about this in the Board Co-Owner (Beta) Help Center article.

What about two facilitators owning a licence who want to work on a board together? Can one board owner invite the other miro licence owner without paying for him as a team member?

Thanks,

Janine

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Janine Kreienbrink -

Unfortunately, if the other collaborator has a separate Miro account (i.e. isn’t already using one of the user licenses in the first facilitator’s account) then the first facilitator would be charged for their usage assuming they were doing so as a full fledged “named user”. This is because full edit access to boards associated with an account is what drives billing, not a single user account. 

The only alternative would be for the first facilitator to share the board using the anonymous guest editor access method and provide the other facilitator with the password to the board…

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale Thanks for the answer. Not what i had hoped for but now i know.