Blocked because the size of the image is too large

• 19 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

We have several long images (not large but very long) that we would need to import in a Miro, but we get this anoying message. 

Is there a way to bypass that ? 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ideation-product -

Does the image surpass the width & height limits which are provided in the error message? If so, then you would need to scale the images down below these limits. If not, then can you try using some other Miro access method (e.g. desktop app instead of browser) to see if it works that way?

Kiron

Userlevel 1

Hi, yes it surpasses the width & height limits which are provided in the error message. (I am aware of it, but I wanted to know if there was a simple workaround or if it was going to be corrected one day)

What we like to do is print screen and then paste directly in Miro, and this is a print screen of a whole web page. 

And same problem occurs on the desktop app.

Never mind.. our users will keep using FigmaJam instead in this case 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ideation-product - You should be able to use the Web page capture tool.

Capture a web page
✏️ Web page capture does not work on websites that require authorization
Screenshot_2021-04-29_at_12.12.08.png
Web page capture on the toolbar

Userlevel 1

Wow Wonderfull ! thanks a lot @Robert Johnson ! It works just fine :) My team will be very happy and won’t leave for another tool ;) 

Hello everyone,

I am Catching up with the thread right now due to the same issue mentioned by @ideation-product .

@Robert Johnson  Is it possibile that the app extention “Web Page Capture” doesn’t not exist anymore in Miro? I cannot find it in the Marketplace. 

(Anyone using new solutions?)

Thank you in advance,

Mattia

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Mattia Paolantonio - There was an announcement a while back that the Web Page Capture tool was sunsetted/retired/discontinued. The only reference I can find to this is here:

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/sunsetting-web-page-capture-sucks-bring-it-back-10082

I have suggestions for alternatives.