Alignment Tools Missing

• 31 August 2021
  • 8 replies

I am unable to swipe to select multiple items with my mouse (have to hold down key and click each one). Also, I have no alignment tools. When I finally get multiple items selected there are now alignment tools (I can align text but not items).

8 replies

Hello, I’m having an issue where my alignment / distribute tools are all greyed out. I cannot horizontally distribute objects or stickies. 

Userlevel 1

Sounds like align them outside the table, and then drag them in is the way to go 😉

Userlevel 1

I do not have an align object feature on my stickies context menu?  Please help…

@Georgina Cornwall - If your sticky notes are in a Table, the alignment option will not be available:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011986519-Tables#h_01F0Z5260M66FEDEVC4SD7XFBF

This GIF shows that both the Grouping and Alignment tools disappear when the objects are in a Table:

Ahhh Robert, it appears you nailed my problem...😁…thank you 💗

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your response to my query Henrik...I actually created a gif but couldn’t find a place to put it in my original post...here it is 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Georgina Cornwall Could you perhaps share a screenshot?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I do not have an align object feature on my stickies context menu?  Please help…

@Georgina Cornwall - If your sticky notes are in a Table, the alignment option will not be available:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011986519-Tables#h_01F0Z5260M66FEDEVC4SD7XFBF

This GIF shows that both the Grouping and Alignment tools disappear when the objects are in a Table:

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 3

Hi @rhondalaws ,

To select multiple items in mouse navigation mode, you need to hold Shift and click the board to select the desired items.

5c614a766882f.gif

You should then be able to align the items by clicking the  Align objects button in the context menu. Selected objects can be aligned horizontally, vertically and on left/right sides in relation to each other.

5b684af071ec5544cba1e82c2714df39.gif

Hope this helps!