Best way to train free users?

• 11 January 2021
  • 3 replies

I have an educator account. I have created a board that trains students on how we use Miro. I would like to make this available to everyone in my college. It seems that the easiest way is to save a backup of my board, then share it broadly through our course tools. Students could then upload the backup and go through the training. 

This is a brilliant plan, except that the free plan does not appear to allow “Upload from Backup”. The students are all on free plans. Any suggestions?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@MattP -

Why not share the board using the anonymous guest editor access approach? That will allow students to access it without it being charged to your paid account.

Kiron

Thanks for the suggestion. I can’t figure out a way to a) Give them access that will allow them to copy content to their own boards without b) also giving them access that will allow them to mess up the board for others.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@MattP -

Assuming the board content copy settings are configure to allow folks outside of your team to copy content from your board (

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018350399-Board-Content-Settings), you can share the board with them using the anonymous guest editor access with view-only access.

When they access the board URL from their own (free or paid) accounts, they can click on the name of the board while viewing the board (see below) and that will let them duplicate it within their own accounts which would then give them a copy with full edit access for themselves.

Kiron