Answered

Pointer missing

• 25 June 2020
  • 9 replies

I was working with a student and my pointer was not showing up.  We tried everything but nothing helped. Maybe is it some technical issue?

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 25 June 2020, 17:41

View original

9 replies

I was working with a student and they said my pointer was not showing up.  I walked the student through finding my little icon and making sure the arrow was blue, not gray but it didn’t work…  Is this a bug or am I missing something?  I also made sure it was blue on my end and in my settings the collaborator’s cursors was checked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

If the student wasn’t seeing your cursor could they have perhaps turned the collaborators’ cursors setting on their side as it is their settings which will dictate if the cursor shows up for them or not, not yours?

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@z-vi -

Do you mean that the student couldn’t see where you were on the Miro board (i.e. your cursor), or could you not see your cursor?

Kiron

I can see my cursor and the student cursor as well. But my student can’t see my cursor

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@z-vi -

Does your student have the Collaborators’ cursors option off as that will hide the cursors of other participants on the board:

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@z-vi I have had some glitchy issues like this from time to time, where cursors disappear or freeze on my page.  As @Kiron Bondale mentioned above, ensuring the collaborator’s cursor option turned on helps, and sometimes refreshing the page or closing your browser and re-opening it helps as well. I find the more applications and windows I have open, the more Miro will run into these small issues. 

I think it was temporary problem. Thank you so much for help. Issue resolved.

I have the same problem. I don’t see other people’s pointers. Option enabled. Both in the browser and in the mac desktop application.

I have the Same issue in my Class, everyone keeps losing the pointers of multiple people. For instance, I could follow people and see only 2 cursor of other people in a class of 14 people. The cursor option was enable ! Same problem either on the app or web.