Answered

How to distribute/spread/scatter Sticky Notes?

• 1 July 2020
  • 6 replies

hey, miro is a completely new tool to me, but i already like it a lot!

I use the awesome Miro-Feature to create sticky notes out of spread sheet rows.

Sticky Notes are then aligned in a tabular form, and they are quite small.

The task our group has to accomplish is to sort all those sticky notes.

But after the import they are already “sorted” in a tabular style.

Is there a way to distribute/spread/scatter the sticky notes randomly on the board?

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 1 July 2020, 15:47

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@gruzilla -

I’m not aware of a randomize capability for Miro shapes - the smart arrange capability would allow you to reorder the stickies in a grid pattern, but not in some random manner.

I’d suggest adding this as a Wish List topic following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know 🌠 | Miro

Kiron

Thanks @Kiron Bondale for clarifying.

especially as a learner it is hard to distinguish apriori if some functionality is there or if i simply haven’t found it yet.

for the moment i do not handle too big lists, so i can do it manually.

Userlevel 2

@Kiron Bondale Is there any change in the status of the ability to randomize stickie (or shape) placement? I really want to pull responses in from a large spreadsheet, and I do not want them in an organized grid! I want them randomly dotted around, if that makes sense. 

Any work arounds? Doing it manually would be too cumbersome. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Anne Scarlett -

Have you looked at the Totally Random app by Refractive Strategy (search for “random” in the Apps panel while in a board) as it sounds like that might meet your needs…

Kiron

Userlevel 2

Thanks much for getting back with me. That app does help to randomize the order, which is a good first step. However, I was picturing that these responses would be scattered about, fairly close together (but not overlapping)---rather than laid out in the perfect grid. 

Am I perhaps missing something in the Totally Random app, where I can accomplish both the random order as well as the random ‘layout’? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Anne Scarlett -

I’ve never used it, so I’d recommend contacting its developer - that info should be available from the page which describes the app and enables you to install it.

Kiron