Day Passes in the Enterprise Edition

• 26 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Are DayPasses included in the Enterprise version?
(according to https://miro.com/pricing/ Yes)

are they contained in unlimited quantities?
What is the definition of "external editor"?

We intend to change from the "Team" plan to the "Enterprise" plan, and I would be interested to know if all users need a license or if a part of it can be solved by "Day passes 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

As far as I know, day passes are available in the Enterprise plan. We are in the Consultant plan which has them.

With day passes, it is a pay as you go approach - one pass per user per day, and it provides full edit access. However, if the same user will be using boards for more than a few days in a month, you’d be better off licensing them as a normal full access account OR investigating the Anonymous Guest Editor access (which is free).

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@helsana lizenzmanagement - Miro needs to curb their definitions as on the pricing page they state:

"Day passes for occasional collaborators"

and the bullet point immediately following that states:

"External editors" with tooltip text → "Identified users that have full editing rights on all boards shared with them for the duration of the Day Pass."

Here’s a summary (words in bold are the license type I see in my Consultant Plan dashboard):

• Full license user - a team member whom you are paying for on a scheduled basis, just like the rest of the team.
  • Occasional collaborator/External editor - consuming a Day Pass (these users are capable of having the same rights as normal team members).
  • Guest Editor
    • Someone who is no way associated with your team or boards and is accessing a board of which the share settings are configured as: Anyone with the link → Can edit.
    • A Miro account is not required to be a Guest Editor, however, if the person does not have a Miro account, the word “Guest” will show up beside their cursor - this is commonly referred to as “Anonymous Guest Editor”.
    • Guest Editors do not have the same capabilities on a board as Full or Occasional license holders - see the Collaboration with Anonymous Guest Editors help center article for more info.

Some help center articles that may provide more clarity: