Answered

Consultant plan secure sharing

• 21 October 2020
  • 3 replies

I’m new to MIRO and I’ve got a Consultant plan with one team and I’ve created projects for each of my clients. Each project has a number of boards for workshops and break out activity. I’m sharing break out exercise boards with 10-15 clients. However, when I test it (by emailing a link to my personal email) following the link seems to give access to all the projects and all the boards on Miro. I obviously don’t want them to access all the boards and other client work. I have selected Share/No Access on all the other boards but they still are accessible with the shared link. How do I protect my other boards please?

Also, I’m a bit confused. Is sharing a link from the board the same as issuing a Day Pass. I have enabled Day Passes in settings.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 21 October 2020, 22:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Tina Antonio -

As far as I know, Miro Project permissions do overrule board-level permissions so if the users have access to all projects, then they would be able to access all the boards within those projects. As you are on the Consultant plan, an easier way to segregate boards between clients is to create individual Teams - one per client.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Tina Antonio - The Consultant Plan is unique as it allows you to create unlimited workspaces, i.e., Teams, for each client. From what you are describing, it sounds like you may want to create a separate team for this client and move their boards to that team.

You can do this by clicking on your team’s settings gear icon from your Miro dashboard and then under User & Team Management → Teams → Create new team:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

What @Kiron Bondale said!