Answered

"Check in" the content of other users

• 21 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Working with groups, some people select the sticky or frame and they don de-select it. In reality, I cannot change, move or delete the selected object form other users.

I would wish for an option to de-select or to check it the object, another selected.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 21 October 2020, 16:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rok Apat - I have seen this happen too during Miro board sessions. I like your suggestion for a way to “de-select” these objects. I’d recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know. If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

In the meantime, there are a few workarounds that I just did tried with success - my test case: As a guest editor on a board in an incognito browser window, I double-clicked a sticky note so that it was selected and in edit mode. Then, in my primary browser window, I tried both:

1. using the Bring to me → [editor name] Attention Management feature, I forced the user who had the object locked for editing to move to where I am on the board, which released the lock. You could also use Bring everyone to me if you have multiple objects locked.
  2. And if that doesn’t work, you could even change to board share settings to Anyone with with the link → Can view and then immediately change it back to Can edit.

Thank you. :)  I’ll check it out.