Question

Can Miro show tags attached by the API without refreshing the page?

• 21 July 2023
  • 1 reply

I developed a program that reads a database with information on one column and classification on another. Then it uploads the info as stick note items and attach its classification as a tag. But when I run the program, the stick notes appear on the board, but I need to refresh the page to see the tags.
Is there a way to show the classification without refreshing, or make the API refresh the page?

The program is not an app on Miro, it is just a Python script with a tkinter interface.

1 reply

Badge

I developed a program that reads a database with information on one column and classification on another. Then it uploads the info as stick note items and attach its classification as a tag. But when I run the program, the stick notes appear on the board, but I need  to refresh the page to see the tags. https://wandererguru.com/category/best-camping-gear/
Is there a way to show the classification without refreshing, or make the API refresh the page?

The program is not an app on Miro, it is just a Python script with a tkinter interface.

To show tags attached by the API without refreshing the page, you would need to implement additional functionality using JavaScript and WebSocket technology. Here's a general outline of how you could achieve this:

1. Fetch Tags via API: Use Miro's API to retrieve tags associated with boards or objects. The API will provide the data needed to display the tags.

2. Real-Time Updates with WebSockets: Implement WebSockets in your frontend JavaScript code. WebSockets allow real-time bidirectional communication between the client (your webpage) and the server (Miro API). This way, your webpage can receive updates when tags are added or modified on the board without requiring a page refresh.

3. Update UI Dynamically: When your WebSocket receives updates about tags from the API, update your webpage's UI dynamically using JavaScript to display the new or modified tags without refreshing the entire page.

4. Handling Errors: Handle potential errors gracefully, such as when the WebSocket connection is lost or the API request fails. Provide appropriate error messages or fallback mechanisms to ensure a smooth user experience. I hope you understand it.