Gantt Chart Tutorial

• 1 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

Where can I find a tutorial on how to build a Gantt Chart in Miro? Thanks in advacen, Ewan

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ewan -

If you are referring to the Miro Gantt chart template, it is just a group of a bunch of rectangles colored to represent the different weeks and tasks. As such, you can easily modify it by just duplicating weeks, adding new tasks and so on by creating more and more rectangles.

Kiron

Userlevel 2

Thanks @Kiron Bondale . I have had a play around and found a template where I can add in rows and columns fairly easily. 

Ewan

Does this gantt chart automatically adjust the visuals based on start / end dates and dependencies?  That would be a major help. It’s too labor intensive to just do it all manually.

@ewan -

If you are referring to the Miro Gantt chart template, it is just a group of a bunch of rectangles colored to represent the different weeks and tasks. As such, you can easily modify it by just duplicating weeks, adding new tasks and so on by creating more and more rectangles.

Kiron

EDIT:

So, I see now that the columns are merged. You can unmerge them. And you can copy them. And then when you do that, the whole gantt chart has the frame around it.

But I don’t think it’s true that it’s just a bunch of rectangles. Even when I unmerge the column headers (the blocks with the months), I can’t delete or move them. So, if I start in the middle of the month, it’s not obvious the best way to change the Gantt chart. It doesn’t appear even as if the colors they use are available on the palettte?

When I try to remove a column, the message says ‘unmerge cells to delete column’. I’ve already unmerged the header (month) column. I’m clicking through, and I can’t seem to find which cells are merged.

EDIT: I found what was merged. It was the title block at the top.

It seems to behave a little differently. I can’t seem to find the right way to add months. The main block of the gantt chart (after you just created the template) seems to act like a unit, though it does not appear to be grouped or locked. It doesn’t seem like you can add columns to the right to add months. You have to copy paste the month column header. But, again, it doesn’t seem to be able to be added naturally onto initial object, because that acts like one unit.