Cases of high quality business schemes in Miro?

• 8 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi all!

We are consultants: conduct research, analytics and strategy for our clients.

We have started using Miro and do love it! We use it for accumulation and structuring of different types of information and for brainstorming sessions.

But for client presentation we still make business schemes in Adobe Illustrator. They look way more professional and cool than we can do in Miro. But they are not alive, like frozen and it takes lots of resources… 

So the question is: is it possible to craft cool-looking business schemes/graphics in Miro?  

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Mike108   I totally agree with what you’re going for and have sorted some of this out as well.  

I’d recommend:

• thinking of / designing your illustrations as background: 
    • rich branding, images, stylized shapes and fonts
    • agenda pathways, task areas, or meeting-structure elements
  • placing your Illustrator-created images in as background into Miro
    • make them very large 
    • lock them in place. 
      • one challenge that arrives here is that if you ‘send to back’ an object that ends up behind your illustration background it you’ll have to unlock+send to back+lock your illustration> »  Try to use ‘bring to front’ more in this case. or build to the side complex Miro-object formations off to the side of the bkg illustration. 
  • you can then coordinate the shapes and colors and fonts of ‘illustration’ and Miro objects and get the best of both worlds. 

Here’s a simple test I did a while ago combining Illustrator and Miro. 

Note the larger arrow thicknesses (ill), unique fonts(ill) translucent clouds and stars(ill) and then Miro-native objects like web-snippet cards.    

Thanks a lot @Max Harper!

Userlevel 2

I used to use Ai in opposite way

When I need the high quality precise drawing I proceed with Ai, export the result and upload to Miro to keep all the assets together. Here is an example with a part drawing in Ai while the rest is based on standard Miro capabilities☟

It’s pretty quick and output quality is fine when you share it as .jpg file

The only limitation that I can not overcome is the typefaces in miro (standard Google Fonts set which is very limited). For me it is not enough when I compile infographics for instance. I mean the adjustment of the final layout takes time if you need professional printout

The rest is more or less fine