Answered

Unable to upload an image in the board.

• 24 September 2020
  • 9 replies

While trying to upload a jpeg file in the board it thorws an error that says that the request has been blocked. 

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 24 September 2020, 14:31

View original

9 replies

I am able to upload the image to my board, but the other members cannot see it.  Is there something else that needs to be done?

Alright, let me try that and see if it works. Thanks for the help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

As a workaround, I would suggest using another screenshot application. If you are using Window 10, the Window Snipping tool could work - I believe the shortcut is Window key + Shift + S. There is also Greenshot for Windows and macOS - and it’s free.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Because there is the message of “Report this as a bug” and it is also related to Miro’s Chrome Extension, then I would recommend opening a Miro Support & Help Center ticket and including a link to this post.

It is in the same style as the one you have shared but it stays for a couple of seconds and disappears. Also, there is a link “Report this as a bug” which does not do anything on click. The jpeg is a screenshot taken using a chrome extension. I wanted to attach the screenshot (jpeg format) to one of my flowchart I am creating in Miro.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

And to add to your comments of your using the Free Plan, I do not know of any file upload limitations by plan type. I also took a look at the following Help Center articles and can’t see any mention of this:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Does the error look like a “Miro" error in that it appears at the top of the board, e.g.:

Or does the Miro board disappear and the error message cover the entire page?

Is this .jpeg file one that you created/a picture you took? While I am no image format file expert, I wonder if there may be some sort of copyright metadata in the file.

Thank you for the response @Robert Johnson. I have tried to drag and drop and as well as from the “My device” option but both scenarios throw the same error message. FYI, I am using a free version so I don't know if it is because of that reason.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Suraj Nair - .jpeg is a supported file format, so you’re good there. And it doesn’t sound like it’s too big otherwise you get get a ‘too large’ error as per the Uploading Files to Boards help article.

I have had this happen in the past when I was trying to add an image using the Google image search feature, but I summed it up to the fact that the image was getting blocked by the host of the image.

A few questions:

• How are you trying to upload this image?
    • Drag and drop onto the board?
    • Using the upload button on the content creation toolbar (on the left of the screen)?
    • Google image search upload?
  • Have you tried multiples ways to upload it? → 10 Ways to Add Content