Text on Sticky notes not showing on Export

When I am trying to export a frame as a vector pdf, the text on the majority of the Sticky Notes on the board disappears and does not show on the pdf. Does anybody know why this is happening and how I can get around this? Thank you.

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Shane Scally I just a really quick test and all text from my two stickies is appearing.

Before:

After Vector export:

Can you provide an example of text from one sticky where this is happening? (the before and after text).

Also,

1. Which Miro app and OS platform is this happening on? e.g., Chrome browser on Windows 10? Are you able to recreate the issue from another combination of apps/platforms?
  2. How many stickies are in your frame?

Thank you for the reply @Rob Johnson 

Before

After

As of now I have tried exporting the board on Chrome and Safari on Mac iOS 10.14.6 and have had the same issue with both.

It is a really large board and there are hundreds of stickies on it (Final export file size comes to ~100mb). I have tried exporting the board from the ‘Export this board’ tool on the top left and have also tried putting a frame around the whole board and exporting the frame but I get the same issue each time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Shane Scally -

What happens if you just stick a frame around a few of the stickies and try to export just that one frame?

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for sharing this, @Shane Scally. As soon as you mentioned exporting as ‘vector’, that does indicate you are on a paid plan. I had a look at the Plans and Features matrix and can’t see anything that leads me to believe there is some export limit by plan.

While you may be hitting some technical limit (known or unknown), I would suggest reporting this to Miro support via Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center.

If you are pushing Miro to some limitation, this should be accounted for in the code, so that you are warned prior to the PDF being created.

We stumbled into the same issue when exporting a larger Miro board as pdf. For some reasons, on some sticky notes text is there, while on others not:

Miro Board:

PDF:

Is there any solution or workaround available for this problem? I used the Miro app on a WIndows 10 PC and Acrobat Reader

Hello Community,

we have exactly the same issue and could not yet figure out the parameter that drives the decision whether text is exported or not. Is there any update out there?

Hi Community, I’ve the same issue. Is there already a solution? 

Hi, same issue here — and it’s really a big problem for me, since I rely on exporting a lot. Help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @PH09 @Franz-Josef Buschmeyer @Roos @Wojtek 

The team told me that there indeed was an issue, and it has been fixed. Can you please check this functionality again, and confirm if it is working as expected for you now?

@Marina 

Hi,

unfortunately that seems not to do the trick for me. It got better but still, if there is a lot of information on the board it seems to skip some of the content.

Those shapes not exported were sticky notes with a very small font size in relation to the overall size of the frame that was the subject to be exported as PDF.

Hope you can help.

FJ

@Marina no luck here, either. Standing with @Franz-Josef Buschmeyer, sadly. I am attaching a screenshot of a board fragment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Franz-Josef Buschmeyer @Wojtek 

Yesterday the team made some changes again, and we can’t reproduce this issue. Is export working as expected for you now?

If the bug is still there, we’ll need to investigate your boards. Could you please send a support ticket and share the affected board with the Support team (they’ll provide the instruction)?

Hey @Marina, no, still no luck. It’s not exporting as it should. This is so disappointing. It’s a fundamental feature, it’d expect more from the team that is fixing it. I’ve raised a support ticket on this before but it came back with useless suggestions on changing the web browser (tried two) and exporting frame-by-frame. Come on, dudes and dudettes, fix this, please. The team had access to a shared board I am working on.

Hello @Marina , (and @Wojtek ) -- also on my end no satisfying solution. It got slightly better on the one hand as more gets exported than before, but on the other hand it seems to be black magic WHAT gets exported. I tried this right now several times with the same frame and the result PDF always differs.

This feature is urgently needed, if I cannot rely on the export it’s a mess. Playing around with several browsers or the MIRO app cannot be the final solution :(

Thank you,

FJ

This feature is urgently needed, if I cannot rely on the export it’s a mess. Playing around with several browsers or the MIRO app cannot be the final solution :(

Thank you,

FJ

Agreed. Hoping for an easy fix. It’s doing my head in. In combination with the recent outage that prevented me from running a workshop with a customer (and caused a major pain) I am looking at Mural as an alternative. It might be less advanced with features, but IT WORKS (uptime comparison tells a lot).

Has anybody found a fix to this? It’s a pretty huge issue. I’m on a paid plan and am thinking about scrapping it.

Has anybody found a fix to this? It’s a pretty huge issue. I’m on a paid plan and am thinking about scrapping it.

Same here, mate. It’s a total frickin’ pain in the bum. Surprised this is not fixed yet. Hey, @Marina, what’s the update? This is a fundamental feature that’s missing. I’d rather see Miro stop adding extra features rarely anyone needs and sort this out as one of priorities...

Wojtek wrote:
Same here, mate. It’s a total frickin’ pain in the bum. Surprised this is not fixed yet. Hey, @Marina, what’s the update? This is a fundamental feature that’s missing. I’d rather see Miro stop adding extra features rarely anyone needs and sort this out as one of priorities...

I signed up for a paid plan because we have an Affinity Diagram presentation tomorrow. Now everybody is panicking because half of the stickies are blank! This is a joke.

I signed up for a paid plan because we have an Affinity Diagram presentation tomorrow. Now everybody is panicking because half of the stickies are blank! This is a joke.

Tell me about it. I have to battle with this constantly for last few weeks and it’s doing my head in. If not the fact that half of my work templates are on Miro I’d be off to Mural already.

We are experiencing this same issue today. Is there a solution for it yet?

Thank you

I have the same problem

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi everyone,

There were several issues with the board export. We’ve fixed one with the fonts, and if you had that one, it should work well now.

But the issue with exporting heavy boards with small text size is still there. The workaround is to split the board content into several frames and export them as a multi-page PDF document.

Thank you for your patience, and please let us know if there are other issues with the text export on sticky notes.

Hi Marina,

I will try this, but for now this is a huge issue for us. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I Just wanted to keep this thread going because this issue is still happening for me. Over the next two months, it is going to be so important for me to export Pdfs for my client, and the workaround is me spending hours finding ways to make the text within stickies show up. I will be trying to change stickies to shapes or reworking content so I have less on each frame to export, but will have more frames.

This is frustrating, to say the least.

Hello. We’ve got the same issue with a big diagram: when exported to the pdf file, 90% of the text disappears. There’s no such issue with a jpg file.