Answered

Sticky note "greyed out" / becomes inactive

• 30 June 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi

My team are all working remotely due to Covid and Miro has been so useful. However, a couple of people have encountered the same problem - they add a sticky note to the board we’re working on but it later becomes “greyed out” and inactive. Then no-one, including the author can edit it or even select it  - has anyone come across this? Any solutions? I don’t want our board to become a graveyard of dead stickies….    

Thanks 

Joanne

icon

Best answer by Hinna Scully 23 July 2020, 20:46

View original

7 replies

Hello!

@Joanne Stevens was this ever resolved? Just had the same issue and can’t seem to get this sticky deleted.

-Hinna

Just fixed it! I just cleared my cache. signed out and into Miro and the greyed out’ness is gone.

I just had this issue with a whole frame. It was loading in with all the components but nothing inside including the frame could be clicked. 

Attempted logout and in but that failed and I also had to clear all local/session/cookie storage for Miro to get it working again. 

This issue occurred when working with a Vertical Swimlane and the page froze so I tried to reload and then had the mentioned issue. 

Today my entire miro board was “grayed out” as were boards of my teammates. Everything was un-editable. Similarly, I found that loging out, then back in, resolved the issue (without clearing my cache in this case). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Joanne Stevens -

I’ve never seen this behavior before - the greyed out behavior is normal if someone else is updating a shape but as soon as they stop updating it (e.g. click away), it should return to normal.

How are those folks accessing Miro - is it through a browser or desktop app? Have they confirmed their browser version is supported?

Kiron

HI Kiron 

They are all accessing Miro through a browser I think and it has only happened on one or two occasions, the rest of the times their sticky notes are fine…. 

Joanne 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Joanne Stevens -

Sounds like it might be a “solar flare” (:joy: ) issue - if it becomes reproducible predictably, I’d suggest opening a Miro support request here: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron