Question

Sharing settings with Google Calendar

• 19 December 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
  • Experienced Community Member
  • 78 replies

I add the Google extension. When adding my board, it gives a prompt to choose sharing settings. I set my board to “anyone with a link can edit”. That does not require a person to sign in. The prompt for the Google invite states that “All invitees can edit” requires a sign in. 

Clarification?

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I did a simulation with another email (of mine) and used incognito to act as the guest. I can edit. I think the wording in the Google invite will be confusing to guests because signing in is not required. It could turn away some that do not want to give information that would occur with an obligatory sign-in. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@jtk - I was going to run the same test you did. As the meeting attendee, do they see the screenshot you included above, i.e., something in the invite that indicates I as the meeting invite recipient will need to create a Miro account?

I would suggest posting this feedback in the official announcement post:

https://community.miro.com/changelog-feedback-31/introducing-miro-for-google-calendar-3046

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@jtk - I was going to run the same test you did. As the meeting attendee, do they see the screenshot you included above, i.e., something in the invite that indicates I as the meeting invite recipient will need to create a Miro account?

I would suggest posting this feedback in the official announcement post:

https://community.miro.com/changelog-feedback-31/introducing-miro-for-google-calendar-3046

Ah, my bad. I was playing both sides of the meeting. Only the person inviting Guests will see that. The wording should probably change, but the invitee will not see it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Agreed, it should be clear for all. At least for now it is only on the sender's side. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Robert Johnson 

What is odd is that the invitation email has the option for the guest to join with Google Meet! Most meetings will be with Zoom. I did not add the option “Add Google Meet video conferencing” when creating the invitation, yet the guest can still click it. I have done a few live events where I’m sure this would cause an issue. 

Are you guys having any issues when choosing “choose existing board” after you make a new event in Google Calendar? It is not working for me. (Talking with support in separate thread.) 

The “new board” option works, but not the other...

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ryan Wagner - The “Choose existing board” button is working for me, both when creating a new event and when modifying an existing one.

Are you having the issue when you are creating an new event or modifying an existing event?

What happens when you click the “Choose existing board” button?

@Robert Johnson When I try to create a new event on the calendar and select “choose existing board,” the dialog box disappears and the Miro option is not there the next time I try. If I refresh the browser, the option shows up again, but still does not work...

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ryan Wagner - It definitely has some wrinkles to be ironed out. I noted some other strange behaviour and commented on it in the original accountment post:

https://community.miro.com/changelog-feedback-31/introducing-miro-for-google-calendar-3046?postid=13348#post13348