[RESOLVED] Can't move/delete kanban card

For some reason I can’t delete these boxes that say type something:

If i select delete, they disappear then reappear again immediately. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

34 replies

I am having this issue.  Have opened a support ticket and shared board.

Can't move/delete kanban card

clearly not resolved 13-Oct

1. I move cards out of colum
  2. Add cards to Column
  3. Students see all the cards (move fails)
  4. I hit refresh
  5. I now see all the cards and can not find a way to move them

unfortunately this has happened twice in large group settings

I am sad😔

Do not trust table tool at the moment

My team is experiencing this issue. Quite perplexing.

Userlevel 1

Having exactly the same issue, but with a frame instead of Kanban board. The frame refuses to be deleted. Just appears instantly afterwards again, time after time

Best,
Mark

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I faced this issue as well specifically when I cut and pasted the kanban board. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@tscott - If none of the following work

• clearing your browser cache
  • signing out and back into Miro
  • disabling all extensions (usually most easily accomplished by going through an incognito window)
  • trying the Miro desktop app

… then the issue should be reported to the Miro support team, including a link to the board where the issue is occurring.

How to Contact Miro Support

Or, if you are on a paid plan:

learning center → Get help → Support:

I’m having the same issues for a Fishbone Diagram with a textbox. I can’t move or delete a textbox. I’m using Chrome Version 90.0.4430.93 

Same problem yesterday 28/4/21. In both safari 14.0.3 (16610.4.3.1.7) and chrome 90.0.4430.93 . 

Was able to move cards to a new kanban board and the problem no longer occurred. 

Does it only occurs while collaborating with other users? We were working with 6 people. Free plan (trying out). It started with 2 users, who could make new cards but weren’t able to typ text. The others initially had no problems, but after a few minutes, everybody had the same problem.

Had the same issue. I could’t delete the card, delete the column, delete the Kanban board. Logout/login helped me.

Adding my case to the thread as well, where the kanban card couldn’t be modified.

For my case, it was the column itself that was bugging:

• I could not move other cards into that column
  • I could not modify cards within that column
  • But, I could move the cards out of that column

So I wound having to move everything into another column and swapping spots.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Detlef Hoefer -

It’s a known issue, but unfortunately it can’t be easily reproduced hence the Miro team have had difficulties in tackling it.

Kiron

We have the problem in Miro from time to time that cards in a KANBAN board cannot be moved or deleted. After a while it works again, but in a workshop this is very annoying. The problem occurs with different people, so also different operating systems / browsers - even in the desktop client. So it really looks like a board problem. The problem occurs in different boards.

Userlevel 1

I’ve just run into the same issue during a team meeting. No one out of 11 people were able to move cards from one column to the next in a Kanban. The other Kanban in the board are not an issue. Usually it works again the next day..

This would be an issue if it happened during a workshop. 

I feel like those unexplained issues are popping up more often, things like this or elements disappearing for specific users or not seeing text corrections. Refreshing usually doesn’t help either. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

While the ability to delete the card does seem to eventually return, in the past I have been able to force it by

1. creating a new card in another column
  2. and then dragging the newly created card above the stuck/undeletable card.

Once I have done the above, I have been able to delete/move the problem card. Again, it has been hard for me to document exactly what has worked as the problem is sporadic and I usually solve it out of a frustrated barrage of actions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m experiencing the broken / zombied kanban now as well. reported it to Support. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi everyone,

I’m sorry you all experience this unpleasant issue!

Our engineers are trying to reproduce and fix this issue and need your help - could you please reach out to the Support team (with the reference to this thread) and share the affected boards with them? It will help the team to investigate the case.

Thank you!

wow, now after I duplicate the Kanban board, I can delete the offending column, but now I can’t delete the original KanBan board.

I have the same issue.. Running Safari on Osx. only happening on the most right hand column.

Also, anything I add is then un-renamable.

Hi - I’m having this same problem. I use Chrome as default but have tried in IE with same problem. Have tried creating a new column and moving all cards across and then deleting either the swimlane or column that contain the problem cards but it won’t let me delete that either.

Can see from the thread that maybe coming back to this later / tomorrow might help but obviously this seems to be a recurring issue and without it being resolved properly will cause a problem for day-to-day Kanban management.

Jan 3, 2021 and I am experiencing this exact issue. I am on Chrome Version 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I have been having the same issue with Kanban template for the last week or so.

I have tried it in Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

Cards get stuck and won’t move or won’t delete. 

I’ve created a Kanban 3 times and each time this problem occurs. 

It’s really frustrating and really frustrating that there’s no solution 5 months after it was reported.

I’ve seen the same issue a few times and came here to see if there was a solution posted. It does always resolve itself eventually, but till then I create a copy of the Kanban which is usually glitch free and move the original stubborn one off to the side till it will let me delete it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you for the mention, @Kiron Bondale!

Absolutely. I’ll check in with the team and get back to you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Marina -

Given the inconsistent behavior associated with this issue (i.e. it does not happen all the time on all Kanban boards but once a particular board is affected, it is affected for all users at that time), can you check internally to see if there’s awareness of the issue and whether it is being investigated?

Thanks!

Kiron

I too am unsure why this topic was marked resolved- when a fix hasn’t been provided! Where are the moderators/ devs of miro on this?

It is really impacting my workflow not being able to move cards on Kanban from “in process” to “resolved” , or deleting redundant ones.

Anyway, just thought I’d better add my name to the list of people who want this fixed… maybe one day.

I’m having the same issue. I duplicated an item in my kanban list, edited it, but the changes wouldn’t take (it always reverted to the original duplicate). Tried to delete it and it just re-appears. Using the Chromium version of Edge.