Question

Questions about Team plan

• 26 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Dear there,

I am new to Miro, and was studying the different plans, thought maybe Team plan fits my need. but was struggling to understand the concept of No. of Team members, e.g. 10 members, what does this 10 mean?

does it mean, Miro will create 10  accounts for me? and then i share with my global team memebers? or does it mean in my Miro board, only 10 guests are allowed to join the discussion? and edit my boards?

many thanks for your support.

yours

Tony

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You’re very welcome, @Tony5!

Yes, your 10 licensed users will have the full feature capabilities that you have.

Member vs. Team Admin

As the owner of the account, you have have the Team Admin role by default. Unless you need your 10 licensed users to be able to add more paid licenses to your account, then I would suggest that you set the following team Permissions as follows:

Here is a good Help Center article on managing your new Team Plan:

All the best,

Rob

@Robert Johnson 

Dear Johnson

Thank you so much for your detailed information, very useful, I am almost done, just missing one last piece, appreciate you can take a look and offer to your support if it’s within your knowledge domain,

thank you again

my understanding:

it means up to 10 invited Miro members can be added to my plan ,. and they can create/edit team boards to support their own meeting. When they start meeting my account does not need to be the host, and they don't need to pay anymore, the payment of their subscription is paid by my 'master' account(suppose i upgrade my account to this Team plan),

so, I can understand I buy 10 license, after i add them to my plan they have a same/similar setup/privileges with my master account, is this true?

keep healthy and stay safe, Johnson!

Tony

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Tony5 - Both Miro and its users do tend to use a number of different wofs to describe the same thing in Miro - for example:

• Team/plan/account/space
  • Members/users/licenses/paid seats

The current licensing structure is at the Team level, not the user level. This often confuses people and they end up assuming that, because they have a paid account, they should be able to be added to any team. So, to answer your question: When you pay for a Team Plan for 10 members, you can think of them as “paid seats” or “licenses” that can be consumed by anyone with a Miro account profile. As you want to add members to your team, they will each consume one of your available paid seats.

How to add members to your team

There are generally two ways to do this - either from

1. your Team profile settings → Users → Invite new members (right there - Miro using two different words on the same page)
  2. or from a board’s Share settings:

These can be either existing Miro users or they can create an account and then join.

I like to suggest that someone first signs up for a new Miro account on their own and, if prompted during the process, they do NOT join any teams they are prompted with and create their own Free Plan team. The benefit of this is they will have their own Free Plan team and can then be added to as many other teams as they are invited to.

Example of a prompt where someone at my company using their @workdomain.com email during a Miro account profile creation:

Now this new Free Plan user can be added to an unlimited number of Miro teams/plans/accounts/etc.. For example, my Miro account profile is a member of ten plans, covering the Free, Education, Consultant, and Team Plans: