Question

Old Miro account

• 17 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Our organization has been using Miro for a few years - it’s become essential to our work and we love it. 

Unfortunately, there is another instance of Miro that someone in the org signed up for years ago, and anytime a new member signed up for our Miro instance, they are always added to that “dead” account. The dead account is the free tier, we don’t know who signed up for it, and nothing we try can remove it. 

Has anyone had to deal with this, and did you have any success? 

This causes confusion for our new team members, and negatively affects their experience with Miro. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rick Cusick - What could be happening is that the Free Plan’s permissions are set to make this team be discoverable (and joinable) by domain. For example:

You could have someone who is a member of this rogue Free Plan team look at the list of users to see who one of the Team Admin’s are and have that person either change the permissions or delete the team.

If you still aren’t getting anywhere, I would suggest that you open a ticket with the Miro support team.

Thanks. I will try that. I believe we already went down that path and Miro wasn’t able/willing to help.