Question

Identifying the owner of a board?

• 15 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi all.

I’m working on a board that I have editing rights only. I need to transfer the board to a new account or copy paste the work across. I don’t have admin rights to do so but I also can’t see who owns the account the board is sitting on? Anyone know how to source the board owner? Thanks! Clicking on the board name does nothing.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Simon Cormack - The board owner will always be hidden to non-team members - this includes those accessing the board as a Visitor or a Guest.

The reason you cannot click on the board names is because the owner has configured the Board Content Settings in such a way that “Anyone with the board access” cannot copy content/duplicate the board.

Unfortunately, you have no way (that I know of) to find out who the board owner is - surely this is by design, for privacy/security purposes.

Some things to try if you have no idea who the owner could be:

• Leave a giant sticky note on the board asking the owner to contact you.
  • If you are on the board as a Guest, you could use the Request to join team action and hopefully the owner/as admin will reach out to you.

Hi @Robert Johnson thanks for the info. Unfortunately I don’t seem to have an option to request to join team. I am also the only person using this board so no-one will see a note I’m afraid… 😣

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I have been there before. It is frustrating ☹️

@Robert Johnson do you know any way to grab content or export out somehow?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Again, sadly, no. You're stuck with screenshots.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Simon Cormack,

Alyona from Miro Support is steeping in for a moment 👋

In addition to everything Robert shared, one more thing that I can suggest is to try reaching out to the person who shared the board with you.

If you have access to it as a guest, you might still be able to find the invitation in your inbox, and it will contain the invitee's name.

In case you access the board as a visitor, the only suggestion will be to reach out to the person who shared the board's link with you and see 1) if they are the owner themselves or 2) if they know who the admin is or have access to check this information in the UI.

If neither will succeed, making screenshots is indeed the only way to transfer its content to another board.