Question

I am trying to paste text or URL into text blocks or sticky notes and nothing happens

• 1 February 2021
  • 4 replies

I am trying to paste text or URL into text blocks or sticky notes and nothing happens. I don’t receive any error message, its just blank.

I tried using keyboard shortcut methods. the right click method to copy/paste URLs or text, restarting Miro and resizing the screen to 100% but not successfully. 

Seems like a bug because I used to be able to do this. Hope it can be fixed soon and please let me know what I can do to make this happen again. 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Agnes Deneka -

I just tried pasting text into both a sticky note and text box using both the right mouse button context menu and the usual Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V combination on a Windows 10 PC with Google Chrome as my method of accessing the Miro board and it worked fine.

How are you accessing Miro? If you are using the desktop app can you try with a web browser?

Kiron

I have the same problem atm with uploading documents from own device. When i use the toolbar i don’t get any respons after opening. But it works fine if i drag and drop the document. 

Hi @Kiron Bondale and thanks for your message. 

I am also using Chrome on a Dell Windows 10 Laptop. 

I have tried the Miro desktop app and yes it works. Now I can copy paste text within a text block and paste URL into text blocks or sticky notes again.

There was one terrible downside but I fixed it. The Miro interactions are completely different. For example, scrolling my mouse wheel makes me zoom in on the browser based Miro board. On the Desktop board, it scrolls the board up and down! BUT..I found the solution for those who see this post in the future: 

Go to Miro setttings→ Navigation Mode → choose Mouse or Trackpad or Touchscreen

So, ok, its fixed using the Miro Desktop app. However, if someone knows the answer to make it work on the browser again, please share the secret with us. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Agnes Deneka -

Good to hear you’ve found a workaround using the desktop app. I’m not sure what might be happening with your browser but I’d suggest that you clear its cache, restart it, and then retry.

Kiron