• 19 October 2021
  • 72 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

72 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Max Harper :

I think we all get the answer after some of the support-team answered to my question …

So I expect an answer after Distributed 2021 … 

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Robert Johnson Congratulations :stars::sparkler::rice_scene::tada:

The most impressing time of your life is coming. All the best from me to you and your family … our daughter is 17 years now and I thankfully remember every moment ot the last years and I’m so greatfull for each and every moment with her and my wife …
And the firs years where the most intense years of my life …

You are so blessed

Michael

Thank you, Michael! :pray:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Cherish the upcoming milestone, @Robert Johnson - time flies way too fast!

Best of luck to you & your wife and congratulations!

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Robert Johnson 
I actually want to upgrade my plan, for these features, and all the pages for ‘upgrade plan’ are broken for me right now… Sending lot’s of service requests to sound the alarm. I imagine I’m not entirely alone in this experience. 
https://www.loom.com/share/8bb6f3b9d9aa4dd38a6793d01a2d726c

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Max Harper - You know… I don’t think you can upgrade from Consultant on your own… I think the support team needs to do this - @Marina  - Is this correct?

Hi Team, as a software engineer who is the consultant tier user to Miro, I’m currently exploring some new technologies such as azure and AWS, and expected to draw something on Miro to describe my understanding of Azure/AWS, but the fantastic shapes designed for Azure/AWS are NOT enabled to the consultant tier user.

Userlevel 1

Hi - I have just noticed that that there are a lot more diagramming shapes available in Miro

However these seem to only be available to the Business or Enterprise plans

Is this by design?  As a freelance consultant I cannot pay for a 5 seat business license but would like to take advantage of the wider range of diagramming shapes

I’m having the ugly sensation that when I tried the free miro version, there were more than the three very basic shapes included… am I wrong?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Francesco Martelli - There was--and still are--the following 21 basic shapes included in the Free Plan:

And now there are an additional 24 Flowchart shapes available to all plan members: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Max Harper :
Hoping that Miro takes other decisions … and looking:
How may users we are going to lose if we take this path and how long we will take the risk to lose users (always in mind: We are not alone)

Even if we had grown … other companies will grow as well and they are looking into the needs of users and … they can catch their needs … will I pay the price to lose good powerusers …

I know it is an economical question and not a question of feelings …

Hopefully they are testing through Distributed 2021 what we are thinking about this and they then decide to join the good side of the force and not the dark side …

Remember: The force is with you … always … as long as you join not the dark side of it :boom:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jules Zanetti - If it helps, there is the Azure Icon Set that you can install for free:

https://miro.com/marketplace/azure-icons/

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have opened a support-ticket … so they’ll know ...

Userlevel 1

@Jules Zanetti - If it helps, there is the Azure Icon Set that you can install for free:

https://miro.com/marketplace/azure-icons/

That’s actually what brought me here in the first place (if you can’t read it, it says from December 1 these shapes will only be available in the diagramming library):

Basically - I must spend 5x for a feature I’ve paid for and use.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@mlanders @Robert Johnson @Kiron Bondale 

Note the locks on the smart diagramming featuresThis is where I started the whole ‘issue’  …  So, indeed it seems there’s a disconnect on the pricing page vs UI?  Or … is there a nuance that we’re missing? That consultants get SOME of the smart diagramming features?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@mlanders 
Just for more data points…  Notice the same interface on my enterprise plan board (client’s acct).
Ok… we’ll see where they go with access in the future … ha! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Robert Johnson Congratulations :stars::sparkler::rice_scene::tada:

The most impressing time of your life is coming. All the best from me to you and your family … our daughter is 17 years now and I thankfully remember every moment ot the last years and I’m so greatfull for each and every moment with her and my wife …
And the first years where the most intense years of my life …

You are so blessed

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Perhaps the strategy is always to first see how may people will upgrade :thinking:

Userlevel 1

@Francesco Martelli - There was--and still are--the following 21 basic shapes included in the Free Plan:

….

And now there are an additional 24 Flowchart shapes available to all plan members:

Robert,

thank you for your reply.

My previous message was unclear, I’m on the consultant plan and I choose Miro because I tried the free plan and I found it good for my purposes which are - essentially - diagramming.

Now I think I would not have chosen Miro if I had been aware that only the basic, flowchart and connectors shape sets were available. Maybe I did not looked at with sufficient care. It’s a pity, and like others pointed out, it’s very disappointing for consultant plan owners. I hope Miro developers will consider those opinions. For me, I’m considering other products. It’s a pity, I liked Miro approach.

Francesco

P.S.

My congratulations.

Userlevel 4

Hi Miro Community!

I’d like to jump in here and thank you all for your feedback. 

As always, our decisions have been fuelled by data and understanding of the needs for these types shape packs across different types of customers - hence the decision to offer all basic shapes, flowcharts, and connectors vs. other more specific shape packs only to selected plans (Business and Enterprise). However, we hear your concerns and disappointment and we’ll take this feedback into consideration. 

Would anyone be so kind to elaborate on which shape packs you are mostly interested in as a consultant?

Kind regards,

Jennifer

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

When I access the settings panel for Diagramming from…

the Team Plan:

And my Consultant Plan looks the same:

My spouse’s Education Plan:

Free Plan:

Given what I am seeing, and this:

…  Smart Diagramming is not available for the Consultant Plan:

https://miro.com/pricing 

Userlevel 1

Hi Miro Community!

I’d like to jump in here and thank you all for your feedback. 

As always, our decisions have been fuelled by data and understanding of the needs for these types shape packs across different types of customers - hence the decision to offer all basic shapes, flowcharts, and connectors vs. other more specific shape packs only to selected plans (Business and Enterprise). However, we hear your concerns and disappointment and we’ll take this feedback into consideration. 

Would anyone be so kind to elaborate on which shape packs you are mostly interested in as a consultant?

Kind regards,

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer - appreciate you jumping in on this chat. I’m a cloud consultant, so Azure and AWS would be needed for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Now I’ve got it official from the support:

Oct 20, 2021, 21:57 GMT+5

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for the confirmation.

I've got in touch with the team and they informed me that, unfortunately, this was a mistake on the pricing page. The full Miro Smart Diagramming features are available only on Business and Enterprise plans. We're really sorry for the confusion and for the inconvenience.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're now working on removing it from the pricing page.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help here. Please, let us know if you have additional questions.

Best regards,

One sad movement away from this years theme from Distributed 2021:
The path to reconnection …

:disappointed_relieved: Away from the needs of the users ...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Robert Johnson :

… one question:

What exact is the advantage I have in comparission to the Consutant Plan.

In most times I share my miro-screen via zoom or via Webex … because of Data-Restrictions here in Europe and Hosting in the US of miro I cannot collaborate with customers/clients so this feature is worthless for me …

So what do you think are there any advantages for me …

Michael