Rotate Sticky Notes

Would be great if we have the flexibility to rotate sticky notes (just like you can any other object). We often use tilted stickies as a way of indicating progress or status in a visual manner. 

I suggest it would be simpler for development and on-boarding of users if all objects had a consistent ‘all features’ UX

I would also like to be able to set the wide sticky as the default size sometimes.

@Steve Long - There was a recent post where someone was looking for this same functionality, so clearly it would be useful. There are a few alternative solutions listed in the post that may interest you:

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/turn-sticky-notes-45-degrees-toggle-2051

And if you didn’t know, you can vote for your own idea :wink:

When generating themes with data, a sticky note that looks like a diamond provides meaning that a sticky note that looks like a square does not. It may be an idea/concept or something to come back to but it stands out in ways that colors/tags do not.

I would like to be able to rotate sticky notes for the reasons mentioned above.

@Aaron Stites - I had seen a similar post about rotating sticky notes for the same purpose, but cannot find it. I believe it was @mlanders or @Kiron Bondale who shared this hack/workaround of switching the sticky note to a shape (which should keep the same color) and rotating the shape - definitely not idea, but one way to get you there.

@Robert Johnson I also tried looking for previous posts to vote for. This idea does help. Thanks for sharing.

Why ... telling ... what not is ... till now ... Please implement this ...

Hello,

I really wish it would be what I saw today in the news popup of miro:

Miro is using a graphic that is now:

21th of february 2022 not possible:

A rotation of a sticky note:

Yes it looks real cool but why not showing the world as it is … or did we will see this in the near future …Till now this feature:

Rotation of a sticky note is missing while other whiteboard-tool has got it … 

Collaboard has it and a free colouring of stickies … 

Miro really needs it …

Michael

Another feature requested 3 years ago that’s present in just about every other whiteboard app, but not Miro!