Option to 'unlock multiple objects in bulk'

Hi, I would love to have te option to unlock items in a certain region on the board without 'unlocking the whole board' and without having to select and unlock each seperately items one by one. 

Would save a lot of time! 

Great idea - I’d like that, too!

Yes, this would be very useful to me. I want to select the relevant objects and then within that selection unlock everything that is locked in one go. That would save me a lot of clicks, while leaving everything else on the board untouched. Unlocking everything on the board is just too crude for my purposes.

Hi all, could you all upvote this one. I’m trying to get Miro’s attention for this? https://community.miro.com/ideas/allow-selecting-locked-objects-when-ctrl-key-pressed-11642

YES PLEASE! Here’s our use case. We create large templates with dozens of frames and carefully protect lock the appropriate items like instructions, background images, and shapes for the anticipated number of participants, then protect lock the frames themselves. We use multiple breakout frames of the same content for breakout groups. Occasionally we need to adjust several frames to adjust the flow of the workshop, or to add new things, and being able to use a keyboard modifier to “drag unlock”, kind of like an unlock brush, would save us SO MUCH TIME in such situations.

I use Miro daily - love the tool - and this is my #1 pain point.  Currently, we can lock and unlock in groups, but what we need is the ability to lock and unlock in bulk.  

When I lock/unlock more than one item at a time, it’s for speed. I don’t need Miro to remember which items I locked at the same time.  I’d like all of the items I select for locking to lock as individual items (without being grouped as a locked set), so that I can later go back and unlock one, several OR all of those items. 

As-is Impacts: 

• I have to unlock ALL items that are locked together get to the ones I want to unlock (which then puts the elements I want locked at risk and results in rework to reselect and lock them down again) OR
  • I can leave everything unlocked all the time, which negates the feature all-together and frustrates/embarrasses users when they inadvertently click on and move an element which should be stationary 

Why not just wait to lock until the board is finished?

1. When creating complex boards, creators want protection from inadvertently moving frames and other elements. Especially when items are layered on top of one another, it’s relatively easy to grab a rogue element when locking in bulk. 
  2. When facilitating a session using a board, there are times I need to “lock on the fly” - especially for new content participants have added to the board. So the same above applies.