Idea

Custom Sticky Note Colors

Userlevel 5

It would appear that we are limited to 12 colors for the sticky notes, yet we can have any custom color for text boxes and shapes. Add the ability to include more sticky colors that are customized.

10 replies

Userlevel 1

It would also be nice if it was possible to set a standard sticky format without the shadow.

It would be awesome to have more different colour options or colour mixing options for post its. Sometimes it’s just not enough colours for colour coding.

Userlevel 1
Badge

It would be cool to also have white text on dark colors, not only on black.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I use colors for categories. Having HEX colors allows me to create a uniform system that clients recognize. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Rainer , @Steve Long, @jtk , @Boris Goldammer :

I have added view months ago a similar wish:
https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/free-text-formatting-for-stickies-250?postid=685#post685

Please vote for this also - it’s going into the same direction

Michael

We really need more colours so we can assign colors to each participant in our very large meetings with over 12 people. 

I’ve been using Mural for clients lately and am really used to the color configuration as Miro’s isn’t very readable. Having 12 colors, and only dark text on dark colors is crazy bad UX. Any sign of this feature on the roadmap? Otherwise I think I’ll go back to Mural. I do a lot of visual work and this is really important. Strange that this is lacking. 

It would appear that we are limited to 12 colors for the sticky notes, yet we can have any custom color for text boxes and shapes. Add the ability to include more sticky colors that are customized.

Please, please, please!  Can’t be that hard.  Even some shades of grey would be useful.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sticky notes having a limited number of colors to choose from is an issue for my organization as well, since it strongly limits the choice for our clients during wrkshops.
Please implement the feature for adding custom colors.

Just unbelievable that something so basic is not supported. When using a tool like this you will normally be working with a reasonable size group of people, this inherently requires a way to differntiate between contributions, whether that be by contributor or the category of the ticket… Both of these needs are not sufficiently met until we have more card colours available - How can you possibly support custom colours for text boxes and shapes yet the most core part of your application (sticky notes) cannot be customised.

As somebody who’s job it is to coach teams on delivering maximum value to the customer with the least effort I am only left to assume that there is some technical constraint which makes providing this feature a living nightmare so Miro have chosen to not do it… If that isn’t the case, then Miro must have a very troubled Product department.