New range of wireframe components live in wireframe library šŸš€

• 3 November 2022
  • 27 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi Miro Fam šŸ‘‹,

We have a cool new update for all you wireframe wizards. Miro now has 5 new wireframe components to take your collaborative wireframing to a whole new level!

Ā 

Ā 

From lists to cards, check out the whole range via the wireframe library. And donā€™t forget to add the library to your toolbar for ease of access. šŸ™ƒ

Head to your Miro board and try it out! And don't forget to share your feedback with us here on Miro Communities.Ā 

Happy wireframing!
Shubangi

27 replies

Userlevel 2

How can we add a column to the wireframe data table? There is no "+" available.

Userlevel 4

Hey @FrĆ©dĆ©ric LebelĀ Thanks so much for the note. We are working on optimizing the data table so will share this with the team!

Userlevel 1

Adding columns in the wireframe data table would be a great feature and will save a lot of time on prototyping!

Userlevel 1

+1 Adding column to wireframe data table.Ā  Feature not usable in current state.

Userlevel 1

+1 for adding columns, this feature is not usable without it.

AND donā€™t forget to include deleting columns!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Just curious, why is the feature ā€œnot usableā€ without the ability to add and delete columns? I mean, it is for wireframing, after all. If itā€™s so important to have the exact amount of columns and rows in a simple wireframe, why not use the regular table?Ā šŸ™‚

Userlevel 1

Tables often have more than 3 columns, a regular table doesnā€™t have the pre-formatting that this feature provides.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@John KnowlesĀ Yeah, but again ā€“ itā€™s for wireframing. WireframingĀ is just a way to displayĀ the functional elements of an interface. I can see that being able to add columns isĀ a nice-to-have, but I donā€™t quite understand why the lack thereof would render the entire wireframe component useless?Ā šŸ™‚

Userlevel 1

Ok, so its not useless if your interface has a functional need for a 3 column table.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s ā€œuselessā€ since itā€™s still just a simple visualization that should come with additional information. Itā€™s a wireframe, not a blueprint. But I understand that itā€™s a nice-to-have.

Userlevel 1

It seemsĀ one personsĀ nice to have is another personsĀ should have in this case.

Ā 

Suppose itĀ depends on your design system, processes etc. Our wireframes need to contain all the functional parts of the feature/page/screen.

This data table component could save a good amount of time, ifĀ columns could be added to it, rows can be added after all.

If you applied the ā€œno columns on tablesā€ mentality to all the UI elements in MIRO it wouldnā€™t be as great as it is!

Hopefully MIRO will take this data tableĀ Ā MVP and make an MLP ;-)

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Itā€™s not a data table component though. Itā€™s a data table wireframe component. ;) I still donā€™t quite understand why using the regular table ā€” which is an actual data table component, not a wireframe component ā€” isnā€™t an option here?

Userlevel 1

It is an option, but that data table component isĀ not designed for wireframes.Ā  Whereas the wireframe components are easier to work with, require less manipulation.Ā 

Lets just agree to disagreeĀ šŸ˜…

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Haha, you're right. I agree to disagree! šŸ˜„

Itā€™s not a data table component though. Itā€™s a data table wireframe component. šŸ˜‰ I still donā€™t quite understand why using the regular table ā€” which is an actual data table component, not a wireframe component ā€” isnā€™t an option here?

Ā 

Totally agreed with @John KnowlesĀ . Itā€™s pretty useless.

I donā€™t use Data Table just for visual presentation. I need to label the columns.Ā 
Same things goes to ā€œtext inputā€ and ā€œbuttonā€, they are meant for mocking visually, but without able to label them, itĀ is useless.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@janet smithĀ I still don't understand why it would be ā€œuselessā€, that's a very harsh statement. Personally, I'd say it's highly ineffective to replace proper communication between peopleĀ with detailed wireframes/mockups, but let's just agree to disagree! It'sĀ always interesting to discuss these things though. šŸ˜Š

A is table bi dimensional, x and y. Having an option to add row and not columns is a bit odd to me.

@Henrik StĆ„hlĀ I think itā€™s commentsĀ like yours above that cause stakeholders to acquire a distaste for lean agile.

Irrespective of your personal views on wireframing (and for what itā€™s worth, I agree), itā€™s for users to decide how they view / wish to use different system components. Ever seen that video of the QA sticking all the different shapes in the same shaped hole?

Itā€™s not a data table component though. Itā€™s a data table wireframe component. šŸ˜‰ I still donā€™t quite understand why using the regular table ā€” which is an actual data table component, not a wireframe component ā€” isnā€™t an option here?

If the regular table is enough to build a prototype / wireframe, any reason whyĀ Miro creates a redundant component ā€œdata tableā€Ā in the wireframe session?

Another request to add column, unusable in current form

Adding request for adding columns to data table

Iā€™d like to revive this thread.Ā 

Ā 

My use case isĀ designingĀ a relational database. Each table in this relational database needs to show column names (fields), and a few example rows.Ā 

The ā€œTableā€ component is not a replacement for the wireframe ā€œdata tableā€ because I cannot easily draw arrows showing the relationships between fields of different tables. (If there is, let me know please)Ā 

Meanwhile, the ā€œwireframe data tableā€ has this capability. Unfortunately it does not allow me to add columns (fields) easily, which is extremely important for my use case.Ā 

Adding request for adding columns to data table

+1 for adding and removing columns. It is significantly more difficult to get the point across to stakeholders if you constantly need to explain all their requested columns will be present in the final feature.Ā 

I did a workaround by duplicating the datatable element :) but would love to see it as a feature. +1