New improved timer plugin with music 🎶

• 30 March 2021
  • 38 replies

Show first post

38 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Cosmic vibe is my favourite.

Also, I don’t see mention of this in the Timer Help Center article, but I just noticed that if I start a timer session on the board, it remains there for the set duration - e.g., I set on a board with Anyone with the link → Can edit, closed my browser, opened an incognito window, and browsed to the board as an anonymous guest editor and there it was:

Has it always worked like that?!

#whoknew

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Kate Ivanova -

Could I also get the update as far as long sessions go?

Thanks!

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kate Ivanova

@mlanders I have some beta feature that will be interesting for you to test in case of a long session, will text you in DM about that

@Robert Johnson Could you explain  a bit more what you expected to see there as a Guest Editor?

I just didn’t know that the timer session was running on a server, independent of the board, i.e., I expected that if all participants closed a board, the session would end.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I see your use case now, @mlanders! Thank you for sharing. It’s more from a day-to-day work activities, rather facilitating a 3-hour workshop, for example.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I have shared this in a few other posts, but felt it was relevant here too.

--

I put together this unofficial  Spotify playlist of Miro Timer Music - well, 5/6 songs :wink:

Miro Timer Music / Song / Artist

1. Sunshine jam / Downtown / Soul Shifters
  2. Uptempo funk / Business or Pleasure / Avocado Junkie
  3. Smooth groove / Seaside Samba / King Flamingo
  4. Calm flow / ? / ?
  5. Chill beats / Quadricolor / Isaac Joel 
  6. Cosmic vibe / Fading Light / Holiday On The Moon

Spotify playlist

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/06hd7iRsrBK8BIZTFN12Yi?si=517b96fabc7b4dea

Calm flow is A Day Without Rain by Stephen Keech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJRSKBZQDz0&t=1083s

It doesn’t appear to be on Spotify, so I can’t add it to my playlist.

@Marina we love this new feature, but we can’t hear the timer or the music!  Any ideas?  :grinning: Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Callista Chen - I just tested in both the latest Chrome browser and Miro desktop app and can hear the music.

If it isn’t working for a group of users who are on the same network, e.g., a corporate VPN, “streaming music” may be blocked.

Thank you, for the test, @Robert Johnson!  Nope, I cannot hear the music on your timer, either.  I’ll try to login at another location and see if that changes things.  We don’t have a VPN.)  Thank you!  Please send any other ideas - I appreciate it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Callista Chen - When you say we, this is two or more people that all can’t rear it on separate computers?

Here’s the full process I am following to select timer music:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BEuZ6MGaxu-GBI6u8iJRCp6GYOKrsSNP/view?usp=sharing

Have you tried it using a Miro App? https://miro.com/apps/

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Timer music doesn’t seem to be playing for my boards in the Miro app today (April 13).

@Steve Morris - What version do you have? What if you reset the application data?

If Windows, use Alt key to expose menu bar:

Version and Reset application data option are under the Help menu:

NOTE: I am currently on 0.5.2:

@Robert Johnson just following up to let you know that someone from Miro reached out to me by email.  Turns out that I had a Chrome extension that wasn’t allowing the music to play.  (The extension was one that disabled HTML autoplay.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Robert Johnson just following up to let you know that someone from Miro reached out to me by email.  Turns out that I had a Chrome extension that wasn’t allowing the music to play.  (The extension was one that disabled HTML autoplay.)

@Callista Chen - Thanks for following up. This will surely help anyone else who runs into this issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Patrick Miles - I created a Wish List post from your reply because it is a great idea and I agree 100%!

You can all vote for it here → Change music while timer still active