You can now password protect publicly shared boards :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Or at least my account can...

I was just enabling Guest Editor for a board in my Consultant Plan and there it is: Adding a password to boards for view, comment, and edit - password has to be at least 8 characters.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

It doesn’t seem to like pasting in a password though :(

Try it out on my test board (password: 12345678)

» Test board link

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Unfortunately the feature is still not available on our account. @Marina - is it being rolled out client-by-client as both @Rob Johnson and I are on Consultant plans?

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Kiron Bondale,

We gradually roll it out. I’m afraid I don’t have much information on the exact dates, but please stay tuned. The feature is on its way to all users on paid plans :relaxed: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Cool - I’ll just be patient then :grin: !

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Miro nerd alert update: Board password feature showing up in my Android app, but cannot be managed here (yet). Nothing yet in my Windows 64-bit app.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Lol! 😂  I love a good Miro nerd update @Rob Johnson 

Good find!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Rob Johnson,

I’ve converted your message to a support ticket for the team to investigate the case. The agents will update you via email. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi everyone,

I’ve tried it - and it worked.

A big step forward for everyone of us.

Thank you to everybody at miro who was involved to make this possible!

Michael

Userlevel 4

I don’t have “password” in either the web interface (chrome) or the windows desktop app :(

three distinct links that convey view, that bestows comment and that alows edit would actually be nice

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Support just advised me that the bug where I could not paste into the Set password field has been fixed and deployed and I have confirmed that it is now working as expected:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Password Protection for public boards should now be available on all paid plans - see the following Changelog Discussion post:

https://community.miro.com/changelog-discussion-31/password-protection-for-public-boards-now-available-on-team-business-consultant-and-education-plans-2009